Hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has predicted a near-normal hurricane season with a 30% chance of an above-normal activity.
Severe weather is impacting our region with increased strength and greater frequency – but we stand storm ready! We have a proven plan of continuous preparation, planning and training. As severe weather threatens, we monitor, mobilize and act. Across Long Island and the Rockaways, we have prepared the electric infrastructure by focusing on substation, and transmission and distribution improvements, as well as by performing circuit and equipment inspections using helicopters and infrared technology. In addition
Safety is one of our core values and we encourage you to make it your top priority, too. You can keep yourself and your family safe by preparing a good personal disaster plan.
Learn how to make an emergency kit and get important severe weather safety tips on the PSEG Long Island Storm Safety Center :
- Get prepared: Make a plan, make a kit.
- Your mobile phone: A lifeline during a disaster.
- Stay informed: Stay storm ready.
- Stay safe: Safety after the storm.
- Generator safety: Know the hazards.
- Food safety: Avoid loss and risk of illness.
We prepare for extreme weather all year and we encourage your family to start preparing for summer storms:
- Download the free PSEG Long Island mobile app, for reporting a power outage and push notification updates.
- You can also report an outage and get updates by text message – text REGISTER to PSEGLI (773454).
- Gather an emergency kit that includes flashlights, a portable radio and extra batteries.
- For more tips and resources, visit psegliny.com/outages.
Make sure storm preparedness is part of your summer plans.