A comprehensive home assessment is the first step towards improving a home’s efficiency and reducing energy bills. PSEG Long Island offers a free Home Energy Assessment* for homeowners across Long Island and the Rockaways – regardless of heating fuel used. It can help you reduce energy costs and increase comfort.
During the assessment, your home will be evaluated for:
- Heating and cooling equipment efficiency
- Air infiltration and ventilation
- Carbon monoxide levels and/or moisture problems
- Insulation levels, air leaks, and drafts
- Heating and hot water system efficiency
- Central air conditioning efficiency (if applicable), and
- Distribution system/ductwork (if applicable)
You’ll learn about:
- Energy use and air quality in your home
- Energy efficiency steps you can take to reduce costs
- Rebates and incentives to help offset the cost of improvements
- Referrals to additional programs and rebates
- Available low-interest loans to help you pay for your project
A PSEG Long Island participating contractor accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI) will check your home for air leaks and opportunities to improve insulation, heating and cooling systems and appliances. You’ll receive recommendations that could reduce your energy bills by up to 20%!
Looking to go solar?
A home energy assessment will help you understand the whole picture of your home’s energy use, comfort, and safety. It should be your first step before making energy-saving home improvements or adding a renewable energy source, such as solar panels.
Schedule an assessment
Increase the comfort and efficiency of your home with a professional assessment through PSEG Long Island.
- Schedule an assessment here
- Find a participating contractor here.
- For details, rebates and more call us at 1-855-694-3576 or visit www.psegliny.com/saveenergyandmoney/homeefficiency/homeassessments